Played by Paul Bradley
08/11/2005 (S8 E4)
22/09/2015 (S17 E50)
10/12/2019 (S21 E50)
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon & Professor
Lovable and bumbling, cardiothoracic consultant Elliot Hope is one of life’s thinkers, treading the line between genius and eccentricity. Though disorganised, Elliot thrives on chaos. Do not be fooled; his surgical skills are as sharp as the scalpel he holds.
Elliot is renowned for his sweet tooth and his health has suffered – in these times of efficiencies, can this old-school surgeon keep up with his younger surgical contemporaries.
- Darwin Clinical Lead (2005, 2010–15)
- Elliott joined Holby City Hospital on 08/11/2005 (S8 E4)
- Has two children – James and Martha.
- Wife Gina committed assisted suicide in 2006
- His wife’s ashes are scattered in Holby’s peace garden.
- Elliot has an OBE.
- He’s had surgery on his brain by Guy Self
- Elliott left Holby on the 22/09/2015 (S17 E50), and went to Pakistan to treat patients
- He came back to Holby on the 05/11/2019 (S21 E45), due to having issues with his heart and required treatment.
- Elliott left on the 10/12/2019 (S21 E50) and announced to Jac that he’s retiring from medicine to focus on family life.